“One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all.” – Ephesians 4:5-6
There are many beliefs out there in the Christian Community, but this is what I believe as a daughter of God:
- I believe in one God, the Father almighty, The Source of heaven and earth, and of all things visible and invisible; His name is Yahweh (Elohim). He is not worshipped made by man’s hands according to Acts 17:25.
- There is one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, born of the Heavenly Father; begotten not made; same essence with the Father, by whom all things were made. For our salvation, He came down from heaven, and was incarnate by the Holy Ghost of the virgin Mary [his mother]: and was made man. He was crucified also for us, suffered under Pontius Pilate’s Roman Service, and was buried. The third day He rose again according to the Holy Scriptures; and ascended into Heaven, and sitteth at the right hand of the Father: and He shall come again with glory to judge both the living and the dead: of whose kingdom there shall be no end.
- I believe in the Holy Ghost (or Spirit), the Life-giver and Peace, who proceedeth from the Father in the Son of God’s name: who together with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified; who was spoke by the prophets.
- I look forward to the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world to come. The New Jerusalem coming down to earth according to the Book of Revelations.
- Praise and worship is not Christian music. However, there is a genre called praise and worship within contemporary Christian music category. Listening to Christian music is not worshipping God. Individuals must worship in spirit and truth to the Father and the Son, Jesus Christ. Music intends to silence the mouth according to Hebrews 13:15.
- There are differences between the two words of praise and worship, within serving the Father and the Son: together with the help of the Holy Ghost, the Father and the Son is honor and respected.
- There are many different acts of worship found in biblical congregational service, such as dancing and singing where in these acts are only praising God. In of themselves, they are not worshipping Him.
- I believe in the sacrificial praise given to the Father God each day. Being in Christ, you will have a desire to communicate with God by acknowledging Him in every situation or circumstance.
- Doing godly things for God is not worshipping the Father in spirit and truth. Doing righteously and living holy does according to 1 John 3:7 and Hebrews 12:14.